The Elmbrook Education Foundation would like to thank all of those that participated in the Foundation's Honorarium Program so far this year! The following have been honored with a gift that gives back to Elmbrook students and schools!
Elmbrook Staff Lead the Way Fund
- Tom and Debbie Brucker (via Brucker Family Fund) in honor of Matt Gibson's Retirement
- Matt Gibson in honor of his retirement
- Gary and Jane Peavler in honor of Linda Polulach and Cindy Graettinger (Swanson Retirees)
- Brad and Tash Schwartz in honor of Brian Scrobel (Phy Ed Teacher and Golf Coach)
- Paul and Laura Schmidt on behalf of Kayla and Anna to honor Nicole Wolosek (Swanson, G2)
- Paul and Laura Schmidt on behalf of Anna and Julia to honor Daniel Tess (Elmbrook Latin Teacher)
- Christel Schumann in honor of her retirement
- Ann Tavernini in honor of her retirement
- Shannon Bauer in honor of her 15 years of service
- Carol Kern in honor of her 15 years of service
- Judy Roznik in honor of her 15 years of service
- Susan Adams in honor of her 20 years of service
- Sharon Biehl in honor of her 20 years of service
- Susan Buban in honor of her 20 years of service
- Amy Jentsch in honor of her 20 years of service
- Jo Browning in honor of being an Elmbrook teacher
Brookfield East Alumni Fund
- Warren and Denise Haeberle on behalf of their 2012 graduate to honor Mr. Dave Wentworth (BEHS Science Teacher)
Brookfield Central Alumni Fund
- Roger and Rachel Lyon on behalf of their Elmbrook graduates: Elizabeth (Class of 2009), Will (Class of 2011) and Peter (Class of 2012)
Bil Zahn Honorary Scholarship Fund
- Bil Zahn in honor of his retirement and his Elmbrook graduates: Wil (BEHS Class of 2001), AJ (BEHS Class of 2003), and Kim (BEHS Class of 2006)
- Many parents, alumni, and staff on behalf of Bil's retirement (this appeal is still ongoing)
Hillside Student Scholarship Fund
- Julie Kremer in honor of her 15 years of service and retirement
- Kristin Petersen in honor of her 15 years of service
- Vickie Jakubowski in honor of her 15 years of service
- Nancy Kucharski in honor of her 20 years of service
- Karen Lampe in honor of her 20 years of service
- Many parents, alumni, and staff to honor the educational experience provided at Hillside Elementary (this appeal is still ongoing)
How to Make an Honorarium Gift
In Honor of Bil Zahn
Bil Zahn, Principal at Burleigh Elementary School is retiring this summer. In honor of his 27 years of service in the Elmbrook district - 22 of those years at Burleigh Elementary School - the Burleigh PTO is organizing an honorarium appeal administered by the Elmbrook Education Foundation.
Bil Zahn has always had a passion for working with children. Consequently, Bil has asked the PTO to direct all gifts in honor of his retirement to develop the new 'Burleigh Student Scholarship Fund' to provide annual scholarships to Burleigh graduates who have demonstrated a passion for working with children that might also lead to a career working with children. Please help the Burleigh PTO recognize Bil's contributions to Elmbrook with a gift to this appeal.
Bil and his wife Jeanne, have 3 children that attended and graduated from the Elmbrook District. In honor of the excellent education their children have received, Bil is personally sponsoring the first scholarship to be awarded at Senior Recognition Night later this month.
Gifts to the 'Bil Zahn Honorary Burleigh Student Scholarship Fund' can be made online via the Foundation's web site at www.elmbrookeducationfoundation.com or by sending a check made payable to the EEF to P.O. Box 206, Brookfield, WI 53008. Bil will be made aware of all gifts made in his honor. All gifts will be acknowledged for your tax records.
The Elmbrook School District may be closing Hillside Elementary in Spring, but the past and present Hillside community is taking steps to make sure that Hillside is not forgotten in Elmbrook anytime soon. Hillside Elementary has established the "Hillside Student Scholarship Fund" on behalf of past and present students. The Hillside PTO is partnering with the EEF to develop the fund through the remainder of the school year.
Hillside staff, parents, alumni, and retirees are all encouraged to be part of developing this fund as the balance will determine how many scholarships can be awarded annually to prior Hillside students through 2024 .... the final year that Hillside's final kindergarten class will be graduating from Elmbrook. Please see the related post on the Foundation's blog, Investing in Community Education, for more information.